Thursday, 11 September 2008
Well we have moved I am pleased to say....the house is bigger than the last one and there is a lovely garden for me to play in. Loads of fields also. A famous footy player lives up the lane and his wife blows kisses at me as she passes..... I have also been in the hotel a couple of times over the holidays and it is actually very good.
I have also had an operation and I now cannot have puppies, I was sore for two weeks with stitches and things but am now fit and raring to go. We have been so busy in the house and garden I have not been able to write for ages.....back on track now though.....the cat loves me and does not attack me anymore....great stuff.....
Tuesday, 17 June 2008
Well, news just in we are moving to a new house apparently. I will have my own huge garden! we are moving to Eastwick Lodge which stands by itself in a big field. I have been to the house and had a look around, it will be great in the garden and it is all fenced in for me to run riot!
We move on the 16th July. I think I am going to a hotel overnight to stay while my owners move. Oh dear....
Also I am due to visit the vets for some form of disembowelling or the like, they are going to 'have me done' - what on earth does that mean I wonder?
More news when we move as my owners are very busy at the moment.
Sunday, 25 May 2008
* Yelling at me for barking...I'M A DOG YOU IDIOT!!
* How you naively believe that the stupid cat isn't all over everything while you're gone. (Have you noticed that your toothbrush tastes a little like cat butt?)
* Taking me for a walk, then not letting me check stuff out. Exactly who's walk is this anyway?
* Any trick that involves balancing food on my nose...stop it.
* Getting upset when I sniff the crotches of your guests. Sorry but I haven't quite mastered that handshake thing yet...
* How you act disgusted when I lick myself. Look, we both know the truth, you're just jealous.
* Dog sweaters? ...... Have you noticed the fur?..... Imbecile.
* Any haircut that involves bows or ribbons. (Now you know why we chew your stuffwhen you're not home.)
* When you pick up the crap piles in the yard. Do you realize how far behind schedule that puts me?
* Taking me to the vet for "the big snip", then acting surprised when I freak out everytime we go back.
* The sleight of hand, fake fetch throw. You fooled a dog! What a proud moment for the top of the food chain, you nitwit.
Thursday, 8 May 2008
To tell the weather, go to your back door and look for the dog.
* If the dog is at the door and he is wet, it's probably raining. But if the dog is standing there really soaking wet, it is probably raining really hard.
* If the dog's fur looks like it's been rubbed the wrong way, it's probably windy.
* If the dog has snow on his back, it's probably snowing.
Of course, to be able to tell the weather like this, you have to leave the dog outside all the time, especially if you expect bad weather.
Georgie The CAT
Thursday, 24 April 2008
See how many of these statements apply to you - this does to my owner..
* You believe every dog is a lap dog.
* If you are cold, you put a sweater on your dog.
* You have a picture of your dog in your wallet, but not one of your kids.
* You often claim that it was love at first sight with you and your dog.
* You have your dog talk to your friends on the phone.
* You can't fully enjoy yourself without your dog.
* No matter how large your bed is, it is not large enough for you and your dog(s).
* You spend more on clothes and food for your dog than you do for yourself.
* You have no reservations about kissing your dog on the lips, even when you know where his lips have been.
* You believe it is your duty to talk to, pat, and even feed every dog in the neighborhood. You know their names.
* You let the neighbor's dog sleep over.
* You believe there is no such thing as a naughty dog.
* Your vet and grooming bills exceed your rent.
* When you need someone to talk to, your dog is your first choice.
* You sit on the floor if the dog got in the chair first.
* You talk to your dog when you are driving. He answers.
* Your dog taught you to fetch and roll over.
Add any more you feel my owners require.....
Tuesday, 22 April 2008
Had a good start to the week been out for walks and ended up going to a new part of the river the last two nights. This is a good walk for me, woods and loads of small hills to run up and down and of course the river.
We have had a sort out in my room, no sofa? no big wooden thing that holds the dishes? But a new set of chairs and a table, where will I sit then???? The cat loves me and we are good friends - I think!
Did a spot of gardening today, much to the suprise of owner Brian as he thought he had moved everything - now he has!! Great fun had by - well me really. He was most upset at having to brush up the soil.
Friday, 18 April 2008
Well a good day today, went over to other side of the river and had a great walk, not just once but twice. This evening a dog attacked me and I did get a fright, this other dog had a right go at me and give me a right nip in a few places. Owner Brian rescued me and I am fine!
Played in the big room tonight for a bit and drank some wine from a glass. Went to bed early!!!
Thursday, 17 April 2008
Been out to Derwent Water today, found a dead rabbit which I ran away with for a good while. Walked across the big dam and then it rained....Out for the count after this long walk until my next walk out. Licked Georgie today, he only hit me three times, getting better I feel!.
Wednesday, 16 April 2008
10. A dog's parents will never visit you.
9. A dog loves you when you leave your clothes on the floor.
8. A dog limits its time in the bathroom to a quick drink.
7. A dog never expects you to telephone.
6. A dog will not get mad at you if you forget its birthday.
5. A dog does not care about the previous dogs in your life.
4. A dog does not get mad at you if you pet another dog.
3. A dog never expects flowers on Valentine's Day.
2. The later you are, the happier a dog is to see you.
1. A dog does not shop.
Tuesday, 15 April 2008
Wednesday, 9 April 2008
Me and the cat (Georgie) are getting on well these days, not great friends, but getting there. Owner Clare has made a right old fuss of me and it was lovely. Lots of talk about next week when they are both off on holiday, lots of trips in the car........
Monday, 7 April 2008
Snowed heavy here at 12.00 noon. Had a nap ready for the next walk. I have been playing with most of my toys and generally causing mayhem, so a good day really.
Have been out for a walk along river as per usual, going over the other side after lunch as it is lovely and sunny at the moment. Open top car outing a must!
Photos taken down the river also. See this link....
Had a great time down the river and I am now going to play with my new toys.....
A short time afterwards, a dog trotted up to the window, saw the sign and went inside. He looked at the receptionist and wagged his tail, then walked over to the sign, looked at it and whined.
Getting the idea, the receptionist got the office manager. The office manager looked at the dog and was surprised, to say the least. However, the dog looked determined, so he lead him into the office. Inside, the dog jumped up on the chair and stared at the manager.
The manager said "I can't hire you. The sign says you have to be able to type." The dog jumped down, went to the typewriter and proceeded to type out a perfect letter. He took out the page and trotted over to the manager and gave it to him, then jumped back on the chair.
The manager was stunned, but then told the dog "the sign says you have to be good with a computer." The dog jumped down again and went to the computer. The dog proceeded to enter and execute a perfect program, that worked flawlessly the first time.
By this time the manager was totally dumb-founded! He looked at the dog and said "I realize that you are a very intelligent dog and have some interesting abilities. However, I *still* can't give you the job."
The dog jumped down and went to a copy of the sign and put his paw on the sentences that told about being an Equal Opportunity Employer. The manager said "yes, but the sign *also* says that you have to be bilingual."
The dog looked at the manager calmly and said, "Meow!"
Been out to the river a few times and generally had a good time. Caught a rabbit tonight by the old tree, I think it was already dead as owner Brian asked me what the hell I was doing with it ......what is hell???
Cant wait to get my gift....
Very nice morning, warm but raining. The stick throwing hill is still full of sheep. Out after lunch, nice and sunny. Owner Clare in at 6pm from work, we went out later tonight and went a new route, up to the roundabout near the a69. Nice new walk.
Bed early tonight as both owners have not coped with the change of hours.
I have spent most of the morning on the decking lying in the warm sun today. Went to Whitley Bay at lunchtime! Had a ball in the sea and on the beach. Had a long walk around this huge white thing which had a massive light at the top.
Photos taken by owner Brian, you can see these at http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/brianharrison.org/RosieWhitleyBayAndBeach
1) No gardening
A butcher in his shop, and he's real busy, and he notices a dog in the shop. He shoos him away. But later, he notices the dog is back again. So he goes over to the dog, and notices he has a note in his mouth. He takes the note, and it reads "Can I have 12 sausages and a leg of lamb, please. The dog has money in his mouth, as well." The butcher looks inside and, lo and behold, there is a ten pound note there. So he takes the money, and puts the sausages and lamb in a bag, placing it in the dog's mouth. The butcher is well impressed, and since it's close to closing time, he decides to shut up shop and follow the dog. So off he goes.
The dog is walking down the street, when he comes to a level crossing. The dog puts down the bag, jumps up and presses the button. Then he waits patiently, bag in mouth, for the lights to turn. They do, and he walks across the road, with the butcher following him all the way. The dog then comes to a bus stop, and starts looking at the timetable. The butcher is in awe at this stage. The dog checks out the times, and then sits on one of the seats provided. Along comes a bus. The dog walks around the front, looks at the number, and goes back to his seat. Another bus comes. Again the dog goes and looks at the number, notices it's the right bus, and climbs on. The butcher, by now open-mouthed, follows him onto the bus.
The bus travels through the town and out into the suburbs, the dog looking at the scenery. Eventually he gets up, and moves to the front of the bus. He stands on 2 back paws and pushes the button to stop the bus. Then he gets off, his groceries still in his mouth.
Well, dog and butcher are walking along the road, and then the dog turns into a house. He walks up the path, and drops the groceries on the step. Then he walks back down the path, takes a big run, and throws himself -Whap!- against the door. He goes back down the path, runs up to the door and -Whap!- throws himself against it again. There's no answer at the house, so the dog goes back down the path, jumps up on a narrow wall, and walks along the perimeter of the garden. He gets to the window, and beats his head against it several times, walks back, jumps off, and waits at the door.
The butcher watches as a big guy opens the door, and starts laying into the dog. Yelling and swearing at him. The butcher runs up, and stops the guy. "What the heck are you doing? That dog is a genius. He could be on TV, for heaven's sake!", to which the guy responds,
"Clever, my foot! This is the second time this week that he's forgotten his key."
Had a lazy day till 3pm then out around river with both owners, someone has boarded up the gate to the stick throwing hill? Why and what are those white fluffy things in the field? Bah Bahhhh thats all they do. Not as quick as the rabbits I bet!
Was in sitting room for a short period but I wet on the carpet, never done that for yonks. Rule 1 reintroduced rapidly! I was sent into my room and no cuddles.
Took up the xbox tonight, well the game terminator which I really enjoyed chewing, the box, the cd and the instructions. They say these games are harmful to us young pups, there right, my bottom got a slap and I was sent to bed...... . I wonder what the playstation three games are like?????
Rule 5 introduced No X box or games
Out for last walk and hopefully a good sleep.